Tuesday 21 June 2016

Another African Adventure in the making and a Sambar hunt in Victoria's High Country.

After the success of my first real hunting trip to Africa last year I have decided to once again pack my bags and hunt the Dark Continent. I had such an amazing time last year, I can only hope this next adventure delivers half as much enjoyment. I missed out on a Kudu last year despite an incredible hunt, so I have decided to make Kudu a priority this year. I would also like to try for a  Bushbuck and a couple of the smaller antelope species like Reedbuck and Duiker.. After shooting some smaller Warthog last year I would like to add a really impressive Warthog trophy to round out my list.


Last years Warthogs were my first and will always be special but I am looking to hunt a much bigger trophy this year.

Once again Richard Leonard from ITZ Media will be along to film and Photograph my hunt and I am looking forward to having a great time with Richard and his crew. I first worked with Richard filming a Freediving Spearfishing trip to Madagascar in 2014 and was really impressed with his ability to film both underwater and on land. It takes a very special person to capture the footage he does with hungry sharks buzzing around looking for something to eat. Since that trip Richard and I have become close friends.

Unfortunately  I will be hunting alone this year as my Son (and usual hunting partner) has been accepted into the Army and enlists shortly before my planned trip, and I am now officially looking for a new hunting partner for hunts both at home, interstate and overseas.
I am also off to Victoria in August to Sambar Deer and will definitely report back on the results of that trip. This will definitely be a challenging trip for me, I last hunted Sambar nearly 20 years ago in the Buffalo Valley outside Myrtleford  and I am really looking forward to stalking in the Victorian High Country again. If I am lucky I may just return with a bit of Venison for the freezer.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment