Wednesday 19 December 2018

The things we find when looking for something else.

Well it's getting to that time of year again, yes Christmas and I was looking for something I had set aside for my son many years ago when I came across two gems from my past, and thought I should share.

My first Fox Whistle.
The first was my very first Fox Whistle that I purchased it in Tasmania in 1988, yes that's correct I bought it in a state that has no foxes go figure? but it works a treat.

Boars Tusks.

The second item was a set of Boars Tusks, These are very special to me as they are from the biggest pig I have ever shot. It was back in 1998 and I was shooting commercially, I was asked by a property owner to keep a look out for a big old Boar that had taken to killing sheep. A few nights later while doing my rounds I heard a lone sheep a couple of hundred meters away making one heck of a noise. When I located the animal with my spotlight I could see a big Boar Pig had bailed it up in the corner of a fence up against the strainer post and was trying to kill it. I quickly dropped a 55grn projectile into the pig's ear and put a stop to things.
When I dressed the Pig out I discovered it was full of wool, It was also interesting to note that the Pig had hardly any teeth other than its Tusks and Grinders and as you can see one of the tusks had been broken in the past and regrown.



No comments:

Post a Comment