Sunday 14 August 2022

Another Dead Head for the collection.

 Whilst I haven't done much in the way of hunting these last few weeks I did manage to get out for a quick morning hunt last week. 

I hunted up a catchment that usually has a few Deer out feeding in the early morning, I contoured along about 300 meters above the creek and after about a kilometer I smelled a dead animal. So I followed my nose and located a Stag someone had lost some time ago, It had a nice small set of antlers that I figured I would retrieve later so I marked it on my GPS and continued on my way. I saw nothing of any interest for the rest of the morning so I made my way back to the Dead Head to retrieve it. 

The Head I found.



After retrieving the Head I made my way along the same contour back towards my vehicle, about 100 meters further on I spotted a Sambar hind feeding. A quick check with the Binoculars revealed another Hind and a small Spiker Stag. I watched them for a while from a distance and decided to take one for meat unfortunately a swirling wind betrayed me and they made their escape before offering me a shot. I continued on my way and located another Hind with a Calf a short time later however neither offered me a shot before disappearing into the ferns.

I made my way back to my vehicle and made myself a cup of coffee and packed away my gear for the short trip home, happy with the mornings encounter and find.

Until next time.

Happy and Safe Hunting.




No comments:

Post a Comment