Friday 29 March 2019

Trail Camera card change surprises.

I have finally finished going through all my trail camera pictures and videos since I changed out the cards a couple of days ago, There were some surprises waiting for me that's for sure. I previously made an assumption that with the hotter weather over summer the main activity had mover further up the gully into a shadier side gully. I located a couple of recent wallows and placed an additional camera over one of them. My hunch proved correct. My Red tag has shown up again sporting a nice set of antlers, and my Fallow stag is also growing well though a couple of years away from reaching full potential. My big Sambar stag is in hiding, no doubt in Velvet and sulking somewhere. Here are a few of the pictures, take note of the malform Stag.
Of other note all wallowing has just about come to a complete stop? maybe lack of water has played a part in this though it is still wet enough in places to sink to your knees if you are not careful.










I am going on a bit of a mission in the coming day to explore some new country that looks promising, fingers crossed it turns up something interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment